Highland Print Studio is working in partnership with Cape Farewell to deliver an exhibition of contemporary visual art called Sexy Peat, celebrating the ecology and heritage of the Lewis blanket bog and highlighting the significant role that peat plays in global climate regulation. Led by Lewis artists Anne Campbell and Jon Macleod, the project will also celebrate the Gaelic heritage relating to the bog and the significance of the bog to the people who have lived with it.
Highland Print Studio and Cape Farewell are delighted to announce the commissioned artists for Sexy Peat:
- Anne Campbell: www.annecampbellart.co.uk
- Jon Macleod: www.jonmacleod.com
- Kacper Kowalski: www.kacperkowalski.p
- Deirdre Nelson: http://dstitch.blogspot.co.uk
- Murray Robertson: www.certainerrors.co.uk
- Paul Slater: www.fabriclenny.com
- Alex Boyd: http://alexboyd.co.uk
Sexy Peat is part of the Year of Natural Scotland, a partnership between EventScotland, Scottish Natural Heritage and Creative Scotland.